Malfunctioning barbeque leads to house fire in Bend
A malfunctioning barbeque did about 175 thousand dollars’ worth of damage to a home and its contents last night on NW Underhill. According to Bend Fire, they were called to the home just after 6 pm and found the outside of the house on fire. They were able to knock down the fire on the exterior of the home, then get to the fire that had reached the attic. A faulty barbeque started the fire with the residents attempting to put the fire out prior to the fire department arriving. No one was injured.