Broken propane line leads to garage fire at Widgi Creek

 In Local News

A broken propane pipe that had been buried from snow that was taken off the roof led to a garage catching on fire and exploding at Widgi Creek west of Bend. According to Bend Fire, the incident took place just after 1 am yesterday morning when a neighbor called the fire in. The unoccupied vacation rental sustained major damage to the garage as one wall was blown out from the explosion. Total damage was about 90 thousand dollars to the garage and its contents.

RL
R.L. has won numerous local, state, and national awards for his news coverage and community involvement. He is in the Oregon Association of Broadcasters Hall of Fame as a 2004 Heritage Broadcaster of the Year. Over his 35-year career he has written and produced nearly 400,000 newscasts.
Recent Posts

Leave a Comment